Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 2.2

Chastity standing outside her soon-to-be-sold home.

Sometimes, I get overwhelmed when I’m trying to record an episode.

Months ago, I used to get overwhelmed because of nervousness - it's weird to play a game and speak at the same time, but now I think I'm okay with it. Just okay. But now, I'll occasionally get overwhelmed because of the story. Will I remember all the plot points that I want to explore in the episode? Is the story progressing logically? Is the story going all over the place?

I worry about these questions all the time. So, I can get overwhelmed because of the story, but also because of false starts. I begin recording but then I stumble. I suddenly stop (sometimes for absolutely no reason) and lose my rhythm. When that happens, I either continue talking about something else, because I can edit out the stumbling, or I have to begin completely over. 

For this episode, I got overwhelmed because my game kept crashing.

In the end, I rage-quitted the game and then recorded my second attempt at the episode the next day.

But what was I doing?

I recently placed the Walk to Other Sims mod in my game. I spoke about using this mod ages ago and that I could have Chastity visit Richard Ross if I would make him playable (at the time, I was unaware of a different version of this mod, which allows an individual sim to visit a friend instead of the whole household). But for this episode I wanted Chastity to visit Gabriel and his household. 

When she would go there, she would give Gabriel his telescope as well as the Love Tub. But my game kept crashing in Chastity's lot (I was fiddling around with the inventory) and then in Gabriel's lot (again, I was fiddling around with the inventory). I thought this was happening because of mod conflicts - Walk to Other Sims conflicting with something - but later, I read that putting certain items into a sim’s inventory will make your game crash. Like beds and cars.

Yeah.

I learn something new about this game almost every day. 

Comments

Popular Posts