Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 2.3

Christian Olson delivering a rose ...

Sometimes, I get irritated with myself. Why didn't I get in closer for a reaction? Why didn't I get that many screenshots? (Occasionally, I'll forget.) Why am I still flailing around and having false starts? But for this episode, I was irritated with myself because of the shot below. Why? I forgot about the rule of thirds, a composition technique that's also used in films. 


Chastity should have been standing more to the centre of this image. Closer to the vertical line to the left. But instead, she - the focus - was right at the edge and then the rest of the image consisted of the stairs and the kitchen. (Why should most of the frame focus on the living space and not on her?) I didn't position the camera properly.

So, compare the above image to the one just below.


Chastity's still the focus, but now she's more in the centre of the image. I liked this shot more compared to the first. 

At times, it can take a while to find the right composition, but it will pay off. The visuals will look better. And it will be easier for the eye.

Lastly, why oh why, am I forgetting to make my sims change out of their work clothes? I keep doing that! I should make a list of important things to remember, place that list close to my monitor, and then look at that list before I start recording and then whenever I'm waiting on a sim to return home.

Gosh darnit!

Comments

  1. I honestly had no idea about the rule of thirds but I can totally see it. Please don't be too harsh on yourself, I am constantly forgetting to take more screen shots, it never feels like enough or good enough. But you are really good at what you do and I love your film work as much as your stories ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah <3 I've been trying to do this: *inhale* let things go, now *exhale*. I don't believe in perfection, yet it's like I want to achieve perfection. \o/ Thank you for the kind words <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts