Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 1.1

Jessica waiting on Arthur Charles the bartender ...

I had so many false starts while I was recording this episode. I had a break from YouTube after the Between the Seasons series, so I was a bit rusty with narrating. It was difficult to get going, both with the introduction and the start of Jessica's round. I thought 'oh I'll just go with the flow' but that was easier said than done.

I think I wanted the episode to be perfect (actually, I don't believe in perfection, but ja) and that I could compare the first episode of season one to the first episode of season two. It would be awesome to say that I've improved with regards to editing, narration and overall quality when you'd compare the two episodes.

Though, I have to admit that there's one thing I'm worried about: storytelling. I don't want any of the storylines that I'm creating to take my complete focus. I still want the series to be a Let's Play. I want the story to improve the gameplay, to complement it, but I don't want it to overwhelm me. So, it's my objective to keep the storytelling simple.

I want to go with the flow concerning storytelling. If a sim takes me down a different path, then I shouldn't resist too much. I should be prepared to make changes, but I'm so utterly afraid of writing myself into a corner. Though, I have to remind myself, time and time again, that I'm not writing a book for publication. This must be enjoyable for me (and it still is) so I should keep this simple for myself. Easy for myself.

I'm doing this project for fun, and I don't want it to become a chore.

But it's exciting to start the second season, and I hope there will be many more seasons to come. Not only for the Sims 2, but for other games that I would like to showcase on my channel. That would be lovely. Lastly, everyone, thank you for coming along with this journey. I hope you enjoyed the first episode of the new season, and I hope to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts