Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 4.2

Before blowing out the candles on the cake ...

I deleted a scene featuring Kimberly from the episode. (A different deleted scene, from episode 1.2, also featured Kimberly.) In the episode, Ana and Kimberly would speak, get along, but then disagree and Kimberly would walk away. In the deleted scene, I said that "Kimberly felt she had been nice, but she simply doesn't like Ana and so … she's going to argue with Ana." 

Kimberly arguing with Ana.

I made Kimberly selectable so that she could get into an argument. They immediately disagreed about movies, so I felt that meant Kimberly was saying, "You think you're living a Hollywood life, that you have this perfect family …" The argument was only about movies, and then Ana walked away.

Ana writing about Connor in her diary.

Ana sat right in the doorway and pulled out her diary. She immediately thought about Connor - which I liked for story purposes - and so I said that perhaps she writing about her attraction. But I had Kimberly argue with Ana again. They argued inside, in the corridor, and Kimberly walked off, heading to Ramir's office. 

Ana and Kimberly arguing in Ramir's office.

In the office, they argued about treasure/wealth, and I felt that meant Kimberly was bringing up the Patels' fortune. Ana didn't like Kimberly's comments about her family and her (husband's) fortune. Soon after that, Charu came home from school and Ana told Kimberly to leave.

I deleted this entire scene because it felt juvenile. I do think that Kimberly's probably jealous of Ramir's work as a politician (because her current LTW is for her to become a mayor) and that she won't like Ramir because of his potential anti-paranormal activities, but … this hatred between Kimberly and the Patels should be built authentically. 

I don't want to force things. 

So, Kimberly and Ramir can become friends. I guess. But it will fall apart.

Comments

Popular Posts