Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 10.1

Armand and Tara enjoying the pool ...

Remember how I mentioned that Geoff’s (and Connor’s) age needs to be adjusted because the age difference between him and Justin can’t be right? Well, I think I want to make Armand a little older, just for the age difference between him and Tara. But on the other hand, young people can and do adopt children. There’s a small age gap, but nothing’s wrong with that. Anyway, something to think about.

Speaking of Tara, she won’t age up in this round. But I’ve been thinking of a system regarding university. The big old will they or won’t they go to university? I like to see what the sim wants to do on their last day as a teenager, but waiting for the sim to decide on their last day is pretty stressful. So, I wrote down a simple set of rules. I must tweak it and maybe even experiment with it, if I have the time, but I’ll just say that part of this rule system involves a sim’s interests.

Lastly, I took a three week-ish break from making videos. Even though it was a break, I had no time to build extra community lots. I didn’t even write down story ideas! I took a step away from the game and concentrated on real life – now that I’ve finished editing this episode, I’m getting ideas for Tara and Jessica and Armand. Their story. Here’s what my brain thought of. 

Tara and Jessica met when Tara was still a child. How and why did they meet? Did Jessica introduce herself to Tara or did Tara seek out Jessica after finding old photos of Armand and Jessica? Did Jessica approach Tara because, through Tara, she can get access to Armand’s funds? 

As you saw in this episode, I’m creating the storyline of Tara wanting Armand and Jessica to smooth things over because she wants two of her most important people to get along. As the household bio states, Armand sulked for months. Maybe Tara privately thinks that Jessica’s a black spot in Armand’s heart and that he needs to heal. Maybe Tara thinks that Armand needs to forgive Jessica just so that he can completely move on.

Hopefully, the answers to these questions to come to me, come to us, as the story progresses!

Comments

Popular Posts