Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 7.4

Justin and Judith dancing …

Remember when I said, in the previous blog post, that there are a few Richards running around? I just realised that there are a few Marias running around as well. Maria Marsh, Maria Clark, and Maria Boyd, as far as I can tell because there may be more. I think I want to start calling them by their surnames. “Oh, here’s Marsh, and Clark’s walking by. Oh hey Boyd, how ya doing?”

Speaking of observations, I noticed something. While I was playing with Marissa and Jason, I was wondering why the bottom apartment wasn’t going dark like the other apartments. (I know I didn't speak about this or show the issue in any of the episodes, so don't worry if the previous sentence doesn't make sense!) And it was only when Justin moved into his place that I remembered that an apartment will only go dark, as I call it, when a townie moves in. So, you probably noticed that the other apartments in the City Center Lofts are still visible – you can see all the furniture. That’s happening because of the No Apartment Residents mod that I mentioned in this blog post. No one's moving in so the apartments are still visible.

Anyway, what did I do between the last episode and this one? I changed Chastity’s household name. When Gabriel still lived with her, the household name was his surname. When he moved out, the household name was still his surname. I jumped into SimPe and made changes, so now the household name is Chastity’s surname. The place is all hers now! Then, I tweaked her household funds. During the Cordial sisters’ round, Gabriel paid child support, but in the end, I decided that only one payment of 200 Simoleons would count. So, I gave Chastity the child support money I felt shouldn't go to Samantha – she needs the money more than the Cordial family. Lastly, I gave Allyn Thomason a makeover. Well, it wasn’t a major change. Changed her skirt to a pants and gave her a different hairstyle. Hopefully, we'll see her soon in one of the community lots.

Then, something happened that made me think of poor Justin. I was sitting with my parents in their backyard and my mum started talking about children. How parents have expectations of their children, how they feel that their children should do something. And that the parents should continue to support their child even when said child choses a different path! That was so strange, but it also made me appreciate my mum even more. Heck, I know that I've disappointed her and caused her a lot of stress and grief, but she still has my back. Still loves me. And I hope I can, one day, heal the relationship between Jason and Justin and Marissa and Justin. Because Jason and Marissa do, really do, love Justin - I hope he'll see that before it's too late.

Comments

Popular Posts