Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 5.3

After finishing his (super!) early breakfast, Ramir thinks for a moment and then YAWNS ...

I mentioned Richard Rodgers and the other neighbours a few times in the episode, so let me speak about them for a moment. In the previous blog post, I spoke about my vision for the future, my desire to make apartment residents playable, and the fantasy that Belladonna Cove would become a giant spider web where nearly everyone's connected.

(I'm so eager for this fantasy, honestly hoping it becomes a reality, but there will be a lot to keep track of in such a neighbourhood, and as you saw in this episode, I somehow failed to realise that the Patel family had two phones. But first, why were there two phones? I remember thinking, 'Where's the phone? Where is the phone? I can't see it, that's weird, let me get one.' But the original phone was right there, in episodes 5.1 and 5.2, and I didn't notice it. So … I can see myself making mistakes, not seeing things and forgetting important information in such a big neighbourhood! Feel free to shout, 'pixelwitch, you're forgetting an important thing!' when that happens.)

Between episodes I moved in Richard Rodgers, Judith Baker, Christian Olson, Lana Christensen and Dylan Morgan. All five are now playable, actually living in the apartments the game gave them. I wanted to move in Maria Marsh, Olivia King, Virgil Bates and Richard Ross, but the Mobile Homes lot has five apartments and there's only four playable slots. Will I have Virgil Bates and Richard Ross move in together? Or have Olivia King and Maria Marsh move in together? Because Jessica Peterson still lives at the Mobile Homes, and if everyone living there becomes playable, then one of the apartments will (unfortunately) stay empty. That's something I need to think about.

But about the Patel family and their own apartment? When the second round starts, they'll definitely have their new family home, so their apartment will (probably?) sit empty for a while after they leave it. Also, Ana will quit her job and then we won't have to worry about a nanny who loves to sit outside even though her charge needs her attention. Yeah. But Ana will hopefully get her bakery. I really want her to have that.

Compared to the other households, it feels like nothing much has happened with the Patel family. But I think this round has nicely placed the foundation for the future. Like:
  • Ana having nearly no friends - except for her husband's best friend, who happens to think that Ana's hot. 
  • The matchmaker keeping her eye on Ana and Ramir!
  • Ana wanting to be friends with Judith.
  • Charu having no interest in politics.
  • Ramir doing well in his job.
  • The fact that Ana and Ramir are friends first and then lovers second.
  • Speaking about friendship, both Ana and Ramir are focusing on others (Richard, Judith) instead of each other.
So Sarah's idea that their marriage was arranged fits in nicely with the current events. But at the moment, I can't see Ana or Ramir having an affair. They're good friends, they care about each other, and they have a kid together. They're not giving each other grief. They simply don't have a spark. I think they'll probably, eventually, realise this: you don't make my heart race, you're not the first thing I think about in the morning or the last thing I think about before I go to sleep at night. Though if they do get divorced? Well, my heart's already aching for them.

Comments

Popular Posts