Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 3.1

Olivia King's new look!

So, between episodes, I changed the appearance of two sims: Kimberly Cordial and Olivia King, a lovely lady who lives in one of the mobile homes. The big reason for the sudden change is the fact that both ladies were wearing the same dress as Chastity Gere. They both wore the purple version and Chastity, who just finished her first summer round, is wearing the black version. Now, I love Chastity’s appearance, but while I was preparing for the next household – the Cho family – a switch suddenly flipped, and I needed to make some changes.

I first went over to the mobile homes, and luckily enough, Olivia was dawdling outside, so I controlled her and quickly looked at her background so that I could give her an outfit that would make sense. 

Now, I love apartments, especially how you can visit a neighbour and walk into their home. I also love how the other residents are doing things – like, you can see the neighbours leaving for work. It all adds so much life to a lot, and I really want to see how the sims I’m focusing on can interact and bond with the generated apartment residents. (And as you know, I already have a potential storyline for Jessica Peterson and her neighbour Maria Marsh! I just love it when a story unfolds before your eyes!)

But back to Olivia!

I looked at her personality, all her stats, and so on, and here’s a summary: she’s a Family sim, her current LTW is to become an Education Minister, she’s a Piano Tuner in the Music career, she has a bronze Talent Badge in Fishing and in Sewing, she’s an Aquarius (friendly and amusing, excellent companion), has seven points for Playfulness, is super fit, has nine points in Paranormal, her One True Hobby is Arts & Crafts, and her Turn-Ons are Fitness and Aliens (her Turn-Off is jewellery).

Well, what do I think of that?

I see her as someone who loves children, loves giving music lessons, and knows that music can be used for therapy, so I see her as someone who wants to reform the education system. I love it that her One True Hobby is Arts & Crafts and that she has a Talent Badge in Sewing – how perfect is that? So, I see her as the type of sim who makes her own clothes; because of that, and because she’s so into the Paranormal, I gave her an eye-catching, quirky outfit!


(I think I’ll most probably save Olivia for a long, long while, and wait for one of my male sims to give birth to an alien baby. But on the other hand, that will feel weird because she’ll technically be so much older than the half-alien sim. That, however, is a thought for a different day!)

But I decided to keep her blond hair, just give her a different hairstyle. I tried out different eyebrow colours – blond, brown – but I liked black the best because it will give her a distinct look, a unique feel. And I love that, because I want the townies to look interesting.

And then there’s Kimberly. I won’t go into detail about my decision behind her appearance, since we’ll be visiting her household in a while. But I’ll say this: she was the daughter who snuck out at night, and she also has a big interest in Paranormal, so I gave her a black outfit, something unique but light because it’s still summer.


I certainly plan to tweak most of the townies, but I also plan to tweak Belladonna Cove itself, give it more trees and more neighbourhood décor and so on. I think I’ll adjust the overall look of the neighbourhood between the seasons. So when the first round is done, I’ll see what I can do, and then Belladonna Cove in the second season (Autumn, in this case) will have a slightly different look.

Comments

Popular Posts