Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 2.1

Gabriel Green and Chastity Gere call over their respective love interests ...

I'm coming to realise that the introductory episode for a family - the part where I introduce the character, try to understand them and their background - is a bit stressful for me. Oh, I do enjoy it, because I'm meeting new characters and wondering what will happen with them (I also imagine how the family trees will eventually get connected and tangled like a knitting project gone wrong), but because I'm meeting them for the first time, part of me wonders if I'll mess this up.

Because when you introduce yourself, you only have one chance to make an impression. And I want to properly welcome new sims to the story of Belladonna Cove. I'm so aware of this one chance to impress that I wonder whether I'll miss something about a new (to me) sim. Something that everyone else knows. Like I said before, I never play with pre-mades, but this journey has been interesting and so fun so far. But the first part of an episode, so far, has been a bit nerve-racking.

Did I forget to mention something? I would wonder. A little tidbit?

Sometimes, I'm a little hard on myself. Sometimes, I want things - in this case, these YouTube videos - to be so perfect, and yet, I always tell other people that perfection isn't obtainable, because you should constantly be improving and learning. Sometimes it's wonderful to cross the finishing line, but most of the time you should rather move the goalposts and continue your race. Continue running so that you get better and better and better.

Even though I just started my Sims 2 series, I still feel that what I produce can be better. I feel that I can be better. But I guess that, at the end of the day, if I enjoy the recording sessions and the editing process, then that is what matters the most.

Comments

Popular Posts