Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 8.2

Alien pin-ups!

In the previous episode, I wondered how some people would react to an alien baby because of anti-paranormal sentiments and what Isabel Baldwin would do. When I was editing this episode, I wondered but what do sims think of aliens? We know that some sims have made up their minds about the local paranormal community, but what about outer space? Have aliens made contact with sims? Are they so accepted that female aliens will willingly pose in underwear for sims? 

That thought process made me realise that, while I've considered the paranormal community and their history, I haven't considered aliens.

The cutscene of an abductee returning shows that the abductee is shocked, surprised, and worried. That made me think, hang on! Aliens haven't made contact with the entire sim population! They haven't introduced themselves to the world like the witches and warlocks have. So, if aliens haven't made contact with sims, then why would Carlos have pin-up posters of female aliens?

My answer: the posters are an artist's depiction of female aliens, like concept art.

Also, how will people treat the alien baby? I'm thinking that no one will be cruel, because there are no Fears concerning alien babies, like there are Fears regarding witches and warlocks. I have a few ideas regarding Isabel and her reaction, the family's reaction, but I still have time to make a decision. Though, I think I'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

Lastly, the alien pin-ups is a default replacement: link.

Comments

Popular Posts