Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 7.3

The original sign for Euphony.
I wanted to create a recolour for the sign I'm using for Marissa's business for a while now. When I realised I wanted Justin to pop by, I knew I had to watch a few videos or read a few tutorials about making the file for the recolour. In the end, I found a really nice tutorial that explained the entire process in a way that didn't confuse me. (The videos confused me.) But the bulk of the work was actually creating the sign.

I first found a font that I liked. My Good Side Solid by Franzillasims.

Then I found a few images of musical notes. All from canva.com.

Long story short, I slapped an image together and tweaked it. Quite a few times.

The first attempt. The musical note was surrounded by yellow, so I decided that that colour would be the focus.


I then realised that the image wasn't supposed to cover the entire canvas - there had to be a strip at the top.
I added another musical note. Both musical notes have little stars, so I decided to copy them and place them around the text. I soon realised that it made me think of a magic show and not a music store. 

I removed the stars. Checked out the sign in-game once again. I felt that the musical notes and the text were off-center.

Everything was now centered.

But I felt that the left musical note was a little too big.

As mentioned in this episode, I want to work on this image again. I'm not completely happy with it, but eh, it's my first recolouring project. 


Comments

Popular Posts