Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 3.1

Sally talking to Etsu about homework.

When I was editing this episode, I had to go back to season one to get footage for the recap. It was ... interesting to hear my own voice, simply because of one reason: the quality of the audio. I'm still using the same microphone, but I've done research - how to make audio sound better - plus I've experimented a bit with audio. There's a noticeable difference in quality of the audio in season 1 episode 3.1 (Vivian's introductory episode) and then season 2 episode 3.1 (this episode).

I published season 1 episode 3.1 on the 23rd of February this year and then season 2 episode 3.1 was published on the 27th of December. About 10 months passed between the two episodes. Part of me cringes at my earlier narration and audio quality, but I believe that I've improved in the 10 months that have passed, and I'm proud of what I've done. I always want to get better, be better, and produce quality content. That's my goal.

Also, watching Vivian's first round reminded me of something I spoke about in the blog post for season 1 episode 3.3. I said: "I'm seriously considering the idea to wipe the skill slate clean, if that makes sense, when the toddler becomes a child. I just feel that toddlers aren't skilled, and that's why I want a just-aged-up child to have a blank slate when it comes to skills." I didn't wipe Etsu's skills when she aged up or in this new season. Her highest skill is creativity and I guess that makes sense since her OTH is Music & Dance.

I do have some gameplay rules, but concerning kids and skill points? Some people show their talents when they're really young, so why not? Also, in the blog post that I mentioned, I said that "I want sims with so many skill points, and sims with just a few skill points". I can see that happening with well-off sims (having many skill points) and not-so-well-off sims (having a few skill points). Etsu's now being raised by two medical professionals (a Family sim and a Knowledge sim) who want the best for her - I think she'll be great at what she likes. So, she's keeping all her skills.

Comments

Popular Posts