Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Season 2, Episode 2.1

Chastity, Geoff and a townie playing a game of pool.

I've never mentioned this before, but I adore midgethetree's mods. All the supernatural mods, but especially the mods for witches and warlocks. The mod for flyable broom? Absolutely perfect for storytelling. 

See, if a playable witch doesn't have a broom in her inventory, she won't fly to a lot. This is helpful if the witch doesn't want anyone to know that she's practicing. Plus, the broomstand is a wonderful addition to a witch's bedroom or laboratory or (if the witch lives in a supernatural community) the foyer. 

I tested the flyable broom mod with Kimberly and Samantha Cordial, and it's certainly a must-have mod for simmers who love playing with witches and warlocks. I've said this many times before, and I'm happy to say it again and again, but what would we do without modders?

Then, regarding playtesting, I didn't try out the Custom Potions Made Better mod before I recorded this episode. Perhaps I should have done that, but I don't have regrets. Not at all. It's just that I didn't think of the Community Time Project and the fact that a sim will lose some time with regards to potions. 

Potions last for a certain time duration. But when a sim goes out - like Chastity in this episode - for six hours and then goes back home, the sim will use up the six hours they were gone but also the six hours it takes them to get back because of the Community Time Project mod. I didn't think of that. 

I'll have to consider Chastity and her potions carefully so that she doesn't waste her potion. But on the other hand, to make full use of the potion, she would have to woohoo as frequently as possible in 18 hours. Which feels weird to talk about. Yeah. (One day I’ll tell you all about my teen pregnancy mods testing period.)

Also, about the Community Time Project: a sim is out on a community lot and then asks their date to go home with them, but when the sim’s finally home, their date won’t be there or the date will immediately leave. I haven’t searched the internet for a solution to this, but I always teleport the date onto the lot and then immediately ask them to stay the night.

I do love Community Time Project, but sometimes it can get in the way of certain things.

Comments

Popular Posts