Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 11.2

Marcus enjoying his lunch while Isabel cleans the kitchen.

In the previous blog post, I mentioned that I wanted to do a few things between episode 11.1 and episode 11.2. I'm happy to say that I was able to do two of the three items in that to-do list. I shifted the furniture around in the Baldwin's apartment and I found default replacements for toddler clothing. I didn't replace all the clothing, but there was progress, which is important. Unfortunatley, there wasn't progress regarding the building project for community lots. Someday, let me tell you, someday I will start that project and get something done!

Now, in this episode, I mentioned that I would include screenshots of the Baldwin's apartment in a blog post. Here goes!


Marcus' room. This was before he aged up into a child, so I kept his space simple. I did want more colour, so I added the rug even though we already have carpet. Normally, I wouldn't place a rug in a room that already has carpet, but I couldn't resist. So, that was the first addition. Then, I moved the toys on the rug, because the colours go together oh so well! I decided to change the fabric of the crib, and in the end, green is the most noticeable colour in the room. His room is simple, and as we get to know him, I'll add more items to give the space more personality.



While I kept Marcus' room simple by choice, I honestly didn't know what to do with Sofia's room, so in the end, it also remained simple. (Actually, all the bedrooms in the apartment are simple.) I only added four items: two lights (one on the nightstand, one by the desk), a magazine rack, and a mirror (see below). I initially placed the magazine rack too close to the desk and that generated an error when Sofia tried to place her homework on the desk, so now it's sitting around about in the middle between the desk and the nightstand. Oh, and I gave her curtains.

Sofia's mirror.


The living area. The blue paintings were originally in the kitchen. Anything you don't recognise, I added: the chest of drawers, the clothes stand, the flowers, the radiator, the blackboard, the Isotopia rug and molecule statue. I replaced the more artsy bookshelf with a taller, more traditional bookshelf. Also, I see something I need to quickly change, once I'm in game again - the ceiling tile above the bookshelf doesn't go with the rest of the ceiling. 


The living area does feel empty, but this room wasn't easy to work with. I tried to place the dining table and chairs closer to the kitchen, but I felt it would too close and that there wouldn't be enough space to enter the kitchen. So, I ended up placing the dining table and chairs more in the centre of the space, and when I did that, I felt that the big TV had to placed right next to the door to Sofia's room, just so that everything's centred. 

The living area is neat - maybe too neat - and I think I need to shift the corkboard and the family photos that are beside the sliding door. They're not centred on the wall. Also, there's only one kid's item in the space, the small blackboard, but once again, the space isn't easy to work with. Maybe I'll add a toy stove or something small. Finally, it would be nice to have a couch, so that the family can lounge there when they feel like it, but right now, they can only chill out on their beds.


I mentioned in this episode that the kitchen has to be my favourite space in this area, and it honestly is! There's a lot of personality. The cooking posters. The dried herbs. The spice rack. The jars on the counter. The shelves area practically empty, but I felt that the tipping jar (the household's batbox) and the coffee machine simply belonged there. I still have to see if a sim can access the coffee machine, though I'm pretty sure it isn't accessible. We'll see. But otherwise, it can just sit there and look pretty.

The cooking posters!

I love the view out the window!


Then, we have Benjamin and Isabel's bedroom. White walls. Grey carpet. It is simple, like Marcus' and Sofia's rooms. I chose the fabric for the bed for one reason: it was bright and had an interesting pattern. It does go with Isabel's hair. Also, I only realised later (because I had the walls down when I changed the bedspread) that the orange kind of matches the three paintings. Definitely the middle one. Though, I guess I can add more red to the room ...

Comments

Popular Posts