Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 7.2

Allyn Thomason reacting to the Human Statue.

So, Justin and Tara lost their negative chemistry - or rather their chemistry improved? They did the classic dance a few times, and when I made them dance, I thought that it would be cute. You could imagine that their school recently organised a play for the students and they were practising a ballroom scene together. So Justin and Tara simply … goofed around with each other, and eventually, while they were doing that, they both realised something: "My friend is cute." Hormones, ya know!

That was one thing I noticed near the end of the episode. Well, I didn't mention it in the episode, but I noticed it because I always watch an episode I'm about to upload for quality control. I want to make sure that the audio is fine, that I didn't forget to remove certain sections of footage, things like that. But while I was watching this episode, I noticed another little thing: Jason, Geoff and Justin have the same hairstyle. I'm not … particularly fond of that. It is, as I said, a little thing, but I like it when a sim stands out. When a sim has a unique-ish look.

Speaking about unique-ish looks, I think I want to give Allyn Thomason a makeover. You can see her appearance in the screenshot above. The top is fine. The bottom is fine. But they just don't go together. So, I think the next NPC I'll be giving a makeover is Allyn - she's a lovely lady, but her outfit just needs to be tweaked. Just a bit!

And then another thing about outfits! I recently realised that I didn't change some of the men's summer outfits. Look at Timothy Riley. Look at Ramir Patel. I think they're wearing the same outfit, just in different colours. I wanted everyone to wear clothing suited for the summer - that's why I gave Lana Christensen different clothes. Everyone will get a makeover before the next season because then it will officially be Autumn. I have to make a note on that!

Then, let's talk about Justin. I'm pleased that he had a lousy party - yep, that sounds heartless, oh gosh. But after thinking about it, then yeah, I think it was one of the unexpected events that just made sense. He has one friend - we're ignoring family - and his parents don't like Tara, especially his dad. He was on the football team, but … did anyone actually care about his presence? No one ever called him. He only called Tara. He dearly wants more friends, but even befriending Gabriel was, well ... Justin had to work hard to get Gabriel to like him. Yeah, their friendship blossomed over the phone - I really want them to spend time together face-to-face - but Justin felt that he was more interested in their new friendship than Gabriel. And that also makes sense because Gabriel is more interested in his books, you know!

Then, about Justin quitting his job. I think the military career is something that Justin can take up again in the future. His current LTW is to become a General - it may change, but I'm not sure what exactly he would like. Here's what I'm thinking: if something bad happens in a new job, then after some soul-searching, Justin can return to the military and then realise that it is for him. That it suits him. And that Marissa had been right - a job in the military had suited him. But teenaged Justin had been stubborn and rebellious.

So in episode 7.3, we'll finish the round with Marissa and Jason. They'll tell Justin to find a place of his own. And then in episode 7.4, we'll spend two days with Justin - to end his round - and see what he wants to do. I'm excited! Poor Justin, though, being told to leave just before his new sibling arrives must surprise him - he'll probably feel that he's being replaced! Oh dear. But yeah … still excited!

Comments

Popular Posts