Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 6.3

Kimberly practising her broom-riding skills in the middle of nowhere …

I did hesitate for a while when I had to choose a vacation destination for Kimberly. Where would she want to go? She didn't tell me in her Wants - does she want a Far East holiday? But I liked the idea of Kimberly throwing her belongings in the boot of her new car and then driving off, leaving Belladonna Cove far behind her. And ending up in Three Lakes. 

I watched Kimberly's interactions with the other vacationers closely, and because they all spoke about their interest in the Paranormal, and because no one batted an eye when Kimberly flew around on her broom, I think I'm eventually going to make Three Lakes a magical hub. And I like that idea - out in nature, away from most of civilization, but when you look at it, you wouldn't think anything weird is happening. Everyone's wearing ordinary, everyday clothing. It fits in with the Urban Fantasy feel of Belladonna Cove, because Frances and Phoebe are frequently whizzing around there. Also, I feel that it's easy to imagine that Three Lakes is close to Belladonna Cove, unlike Takemizu Village for example.

I also mentioned in a previous blog post that I wanted to make apartment residents playable, and I'm considering to do the same with the vacationers. We can have an orphanage, bring in some of the kids we saw in Three Lakes - like their caretaker took them out to the mountains for an excursion. We can have some of the vacationers move in as a family in a home or in an apartment. Just a few ideas I have. 

I like the idea of incorporating the vacationers, but I'm not going to jump on this idea immediately. I want to focus on the playable sims and the apartment residents that I've made playable. It's still on my to-do list, to play with the apartment residents, so this idea to bring in the vacationers will be something that I play-test later, because I do like the opportunity to invite over a houseguest for 3 days. And I can see Kimberly inviting Jace Fuchs because they bonded about their interest in the Paranormal. (As far as I can tell, Kimberly and Kennedy Smith didn't do the same.)

Also, let me speak about Kimberly and Armand. I keep mentioning them.

Jessica got involved with Carlos because of her bio. Chastity got involved with Carlos because she had negative chemistry with Gabriel at the time and she really wanted to woohoo. Gabriel got involved with Samantha because he wanted to woohoo as well and he had negative chemistry with Chastity at the time. Vivian got involved with Timothy because of her bio. Ramir and Ana - already married. So, I want something different!

That's why I want to wait with Kimberly. Maybe she and Armand will get together eventually, but I also like exploring and experimenting. So Kimberly will be the first sim to date different men, to test things out. And I say that she's the first because Chastity's all about love, but she's not looking to settle down. If she's attracted to someone, she wants to love them. But it won't be super serious for her - I'm looking forward to exploring her more, especially when I can use the Visit Sim mod by Chris Hatch. But Kimberly will probably look for a partner to settle down with eventually, and I like to keep her options open, to explore, to take my time. I really, really want that with some of my sims, so I'm giving Kimberly that option.

Also, I know you can disable the cackling of the evil witches, but I like it. I do! I imagine Samantha and Kimberly going to a restaurant, and just as they get a table, Kimberly tosses her head back and cackles. Samantha, who's pretty much used to her sister's behaviour, thinks oh man and drags her sister to a private booth instead. Because everyone's staring. I'm becoming fond of Kimberly, though I think I like the Cordial sisters so much because they're witches.

One last thing, Kimberly will date for a while. Hopefully. So she won't have children anytime soon. (Though unplanned pregnancies certainly can happen! As we all know!) I do like the idea of Samantha and Kimberly's children growing up together, but eventually Kimberly and her branch of the family will move out. Or maybe Samantha and her family will. Samantha's first child won't grow up with a cousin, but Kimberly does roll the Want to stargaze, so I'm, uh … hoping for an alien abduction. Yeah.

Also, maybe Kimberly will want a one night stand because, when I started the Cordial sisters' round, Kimberly wanted to woohoo in the closet. Maybe she'd be intimate with Jace Fuchs (or Kennedy Smith) when he's visiting. That's an idea.

Actually … maybe I have too many ideas. My brain's on fire!

But, last thing, I believe the Cordial sisters are my favourite sims at the moment because of all the possibilities.

Comments

Popular Posts