Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 6.2

Double, double, toil and trouble!

A long time ago I saw a post on tumblr about friendship between Hufflepuffs and Slytherins. That it would be the most terrifying thing ever - because they'd be able to take over the world. And then someone else included a picture on that post, of two characters from the show Parks and Recreation:

"Someone will die!" "Of fun!"

Right now, when I picture Kimberly and Samantha, I think of that.

But oh boy! When I recorded this episode, I had 2 hours of footage. I immediately knew that it would take time to work through it all. At first, I wanted episode 6.2 - before the vacation and the vacation itself - to be a single video, but I knew that the final product would be too long. Over 40 minutes, I'm sure! I've posted episodes of that duration before, but I prefer to watch episodes that are at most 30 minutes long.

So, I made the decision to split the episode because, right now, I only have so much time to edit footage, and also, I do like the idea of a sim's vacation being a separate, special episode. I think I'm going to do that for every sim who goes on vacation - and Kimberly went on a short trip, so I imagine that an episode for longer vacations will be split as well. Seeing that I don't want super long episodes.

I do have more to say about Kimberly's vacation, but I'll keep that for the blog post for episode 6.3! (I really have to stop myself from talking about it!)

This episode was short, and simple, but I do like it because of the surprise (like I said in the episode, what will happen now?) and because I'm placing the foundation for the Cordial sisters' story. I'm having so much fun with them, and I can't wait to sit down to record episode 6.4!

Comments

Popular Posts