Behind the Scenes: Belladonna Cove | Episode 6.1

Ominous rainclouds above the Cordial residence …

This time, nothing major happened between episodes. I do think I want to tweak the wallpaper and flooring in the Cordial residence - right now, I'm going with the idea that the sisters purchased the house from an elderly couple who moved to a retirement village - but I think most of the homes/apartments will be tweaked between seasons. I'm looking forward to that because, by then, I should understand the characters more. Understand their personalities, their background, and their likes/dislikes.

But first, an announcement: maybe you've noticed, but I'm no longer looking at ACR for a sim's age in terms of sim days. Ana, Ramir, Samantha and Kimberly's ages in sim days just didn't make sense. They're way too young. Also, I could see myself getting confused because I was losing track of everyone's ages. So, from now on (since the Patel's round), I'm just going to track the difference in age so that everyone's ages are (somewhat, I guess) correct.

Then, about the lovely Cordial sisters. I'm looking forward to the remaining 4 days, but it does feel short! It will be over in a blink of an eye. I do hope that I'm happy with their round by the time it ends - because I feel I'm going to overthink things. I do that when I want something to be great, to be perfect. And I already have a list for the Cordial sisters. Things for them to do, to try:
  • practise spell work,
  • the Cordial sisters talk about their Paranormal interests and then they share office space,
  • Kimberly contacts the Matchmaker and asks for a date,
  • then there's the possibility of Kimberly hooking up with Armand - maybe after the Matchmaker sets her up with a date, but who knows what will happen with said date!
  • explore Kimberly and Chastity's friendship - girls' night out!
  • Kimberly wanted to go on a vacation to focus on herself - that could possibly happen, I'm hoping, crossing my fingers!
  • something to think about: what does Samantha want?
  • then there's Samantha's relationship with Gabriel - what will happen?
Then, about Samantha's Wants, I'm thinking about her engagement Want concerning Gabriel. It has been locked in for a while now, and I'm considering a new rule for my gameplay.
  • If a sim wants to propose to a love interest, but the sim doesn't roll romantic Wants for said love interest for a few sim days, then the Want should be dismissed/unlocked.
I feel this rule should be considered when a sim doesn't roll the Want to call the love interest or, really, have any other Want concerning the love interest. (Samantha didn't have any Wants for Gabriel - she didn't have the Want to call him - but because I interpreted her emotions based on her Wants, I made her call him over. And then, only hours later, did she have romantic Wants for him.) But on the other hand, if I do this, then certain sims won't get engaged! 

This rule also brings up Carlos Contender and Jessica Peterson. He's a Romance sim, she's a Fortune sim. He does but doesn't want to get engaged. She definitely wants to get engaged. He's focused on woohooing with more sims, falling in love with more sims. She's about money, money, money. If he doesn't roll any more Wants for Jessica, and I unlock his Want to get engaged to her, then Jessica won't get access to his wallet - which is her whole bio. But that does open up the Maria Marsh storyline I've been thinking out. 

And that's the topic right now: things to think about.

I'll have to see. Maybe I'll have to experiment with Samantha and her Wants concerning Gabriel. I think that's the next step, guys!

Comments

Popular Posts